Pandemic Preparedness and Response Introduction Course
Why should you attend??
This training course is intended to help participants understand and become familiar with the basic concepts with regard to pandemics and find out how to prepare for and respond to a global pandemic.
The second section of the training course discusses pandemics and their impacts, providing information on infectious diseases and pandemics, introducing the common terms related to pandemics, and mentioning the potential impacts of a pandemic. The next three sections, deemed as the crux of the training course, are:
- Preparing for a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on how to prepare for a pandemic situation as an organization and the measures that should be taken to minimize the impact on the organization’s operations;
- Responding to a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on how to respond to a pandemic, such as activating a pandemic emergency plan, working from home, and social distancing;
- Communicating during a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on the purpose of communication, including with whom to communicate, what to communicate, where to communicate, what means to use for communicating, and who is responsible to communicate.
This training course is based on the good practices commonly used in ISO standards and guidelines provided by several local and international organizations.
Who should attend?
- Business continuity managers
- Members of business continuity teams
- Crisis response team leaders and members
- Owners of small- and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Individuals seeking to ensure the continuity of essential processes in an organization during a pandemic
- Owners, managers, and leaders seeking to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees
- Understand the elements and operations of a Quality Management System and its principal processes
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 9001 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand the approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of a QMS