Work Safely During the COVID-19 Pandemic
ISO 45005 is a response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the increased risk this disease presents to the health, safety and well-being of people in all settings, including those working at home or in mobile settings, and workers and other interested parties in physical workplaces.
Governments, regulators and other professional bodies across the world have published guidance on working safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. The ISO 45005 provides a single generic set of guidelines that complements this information and supports the principles that:
- reasonable measures to manage the risks arising from COVID-19 are, or will be, implemented to protect the health and safety of workers and other relevant interested parties;
- workers should not be required to work unless these measures have been implemented.
What are the benefits of implementing ISO 45005 ?
By implementing the ISO 45005 guidelines, the organization will be able to:
- take effective action to protect workers and other relevant interested parties from the risks related to COVID-19;
- demonstrate that it is addressing risks related to COVID-19 using a systematic approach;
- put in place a framework to enable effective and timely adaptation to the changing situation.